To survive the accelerating market competition, web app development is a fundamental tool for every business. Largely, the development process is shaped around a three layered software development model including users, business and data services. This kind of layout is used for separating a web app into services supplier and customer networks.
Here, we will learn about some essential phases to be followed in the web development process.
- Brainstorm upon an Agenda: This is the first step, which evolves establishing the objective and purpose of developing the particular web application. Basically, defining a roadmap will be followed to map a suitable direction to the project.
- Identifying the Target Audience: This phase generally involves defining the intended audience for your web application. This step requires you to prepare a proper analytics report, which includes information like the type of audience, their web access capabilities, their security levels, and the quantitative audience statistics.
- Building a Document for Detailed Functional Specifications or Featured Summary: Functional specification document is among the most significant documents in an app development project. This is built to eliminate any kind of confusion in the future. This document lists all the technical specifications and functionalities of the developing web app. Although in case of large projects, it is pretty difficult to detail every user behavior. For such projects, a featured summary document can be prepared and used.
- Identify and Analyze any Third Party Vendors: Developing a web app is typically an economic process, especially when outsourced. So here, third party vendors are identified including: web app development companies, payment gateways and merchant accounts, SSL service providers, fulfillment centers, and service providers for server, firewall, networks and load balancer equipment.
- Technology Selection and Specifying the Timeframe and App Structure: It is the step where the app development platform, technology, framework and environment are defined. Along with this, the timeline within which the web app development will be achieved is determined.
- Layout Designing and Wire Framing: Interface and Layout Design is considered as the most critical stages of any development project. It starts with the creation of a simple UI sketch and a visual instructions. Upon the approval of the interface and the interaction models, the project design implementation follows.
- Application Development: This stage is about creating the app architecture and framework, design of its database structure, development of modules, classes and libraries, and implementation of the functionalities mentioned in the specification document.
- Testing: It is the final step in the web applications development project. It involves QA testing and bug fixing. Every developing app is required to go through all the suitable testing techniques including load testing, stress testing, performance and usability testing.
An application that is tested well, is ready for its deployment and release, following which proper steps can be followed for its implementation.